Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book took me a little bit to get into and to focus on. But once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. The writing is very clever and very creative. It really makes you use your imagination.

The premise's of this sbook is that the people live in a ruined country where there is The Capitol and 12 Distrcts. Every year there is a "reaping" where two children, between the ages of 12-18, are chosen from each district to participate in what is called The Hunger Games. These tributes, as they're called, are put into an arena to fight to the death. And the last tribute left, wins. The reasom for the Hunger Games is a result of the 12 Districts uprising against The Capitol. The Hunger Games are pretty much a punishment to show who is in charge.

The star of these games is Katniss Everdeen. If she wins, her family will be well taken care of. She goes through a whirlwind of emotions trying to strategize how she is going to win while also dealing with the news that one of the other tributes in in love with her.

It is a pretty disturbin and bizarre plot. But it's interesting how the author has created this place that could become very real and thrown in a reality tv show twist.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Nadia said...

I have this one on my TBR list, but wasn't so sure I would really wantt to read it. After your review though, I am definitely going to have to read it ASAP! Sounds great!! Thanks for the great review!